Our teachers and students work together through the inquiry process developing their curriculum knowledge (Literacy, Numeracy Science, History and Geography) connected to the students' interests. Through the learning, they develop important essential learning and life-long skills.
- Inquiry in Prep to 2 is called Developmental Learning.
- Years 3-6 is called Inquiry Learning (or Project Based Learning)
The inquiry process provides a valuable context for students to display their understanding, knowledge and skills. Students are involved in differentiated activities that are intellectually demanding and connected to the world beyond the classroom. Inquiry learning enables children to learn alongside one another analyzing and discovering their world
In providing an inquiry program the school aims to:
• challenge students to think more deeply abut their learning
• teach students about thinking,
• provoke curiosity
• encourage student voice
• help students to make connections between what they know and new knowledge
• explicitly teach research skills
• focus on process in addition to content.