Enrolling your Child

2019 Prep enrolments are now welcome

By enroling early in the year your child can connect with their new school by being involved a number of school based transition activities through the year. This supports a very smooth transition to school as the children become familiar with their school environment and make new friends.

Many families are making Grovedale West Primary School their school of choice and have enjoyed taking the opportunity to have a personal tour of the school. We encourage families to come along to see the students at work and the school in action.
If you would like to secure a place for your child in our excellent Prep Learning Centre, please contact the school for an enrolment package and to arrange a personal tour. (Call Jen in the Office on 52414774). Appointments can be arranged to suit your schedule.

To enrol children must be at least 5 years of age by the 30th April in the year they commence school. 

The enrolment for children in the school Neighborhood Boundary will be confirmed following parents meeting the enrolment requirements. 

Enrolment priority:

1: Childen living in the school neighbourhood boundary

2: Siblings of children enrolled at the school

3: Where additional places become available, families from outside the boundary may be offered a place based on    their order of application.

Interested families are welcome to attend a tour of the school with the Principal or Assistant Principal prior to enrolling their child / children.

Where additional places are available students from outside the neighborhood boundary may be accepted. 

The school reserves the right to confirm Prep enrolments by the 1st September for children residing outside the school boundary.  Acceptance will be based on available space within the Prep Learning Centre. Further enrolments from outside the area will be on a provisional basis only and will be confirmed if places are available.

The Principal will confirm all enrolments with a letter of acceptance.

Designated Neighborhood School

The designated neighborhood boundary is outlined on the DET boundary map and can be viewed at the school.         

International Enrolment

How do I apply?
To apply for placement at a Victorian Government school, students should complete a Full Fee-Paying International Students Application form. Certified copies of relevant documents must accompany the application form. Official translations of documents into English must also be included with the application. You will be required to present original passports and visa documents upon acceptance.
Prospective student's first point of call should be the Victorian Government International Student Division.

For information, please go to: